Saturday, July 9, 2011

What Women Can We Look Up To?

I recently read a review on the tv show "Mob Wives." The review was saying how women now-a-days ahve absolutely NO CLASS! When you look at the behavior that the women on TV display they all act as little kids. They think that everything has to be done their way or not all. In the show Mob Wives, the women are all spouses of 'gangsters.' They put their children through all of the drama and conflicts that comes with being married to a mob member. Some of these children suffer from the drama. I get disgusted when i see the way they act and present themselves. They curse everyone out and dress as if they're still 22 years old and going to the club. A classy women doesn't expose herself to the world and use inapprpriste language in her daily activity. I think that these reality shows are terrible to display to the youth, because TV is where people learn 50% of anything they know. I would hate to see my generation of young ladies to develop into the loud, screaming, money hungry women we see on TV. Women who I blieve set a great example for women, as far as entertainment, are: Oprah, Queen Latifah, Monique etc. These women act civilized and don't scream and curse on TV. They have what is almost an 'endangered characteristic' to find in women.... CLASS. I would like to know: Why it's so hard for girls to have respect for themselves and other people?? How do we put an end to the terrible behavior that our women are developing??


2 comments:

tajhad64 said...

I also watch Mob Wives and i agree. The show does consists of a lot of drama and conflictand the children in these families sometimes do get involved in it.
The media is somewhat very influencal on people exposed to it, expecally the youth. There is a showcase of less classy women on reality shows(depending on your definition of class)and it can influence the way the young people behave in thier everyday lives.

Isabella Brennan said...

I also read a review of the show Mob Wives, and yes, there was a lot of drama talked about. However I also have to wonder who would watch the show if there was no drama in it. People get entertained through drama so it would be only make sense to include some in a show in order to boast the ratings. And though you say that 50% of everything we know is from TV, there are still plenty of good remodels on television, like those in which you mentioned. I believe that if parents continue to raise their children with the right morals and values, then we will still have women with Class existing in society. We may have a lot of trashy people on television these days but we also have people like Michael Obama, Oprah, and Sarah Bullock to lead us towards the “classier” side of life.
-Sinead Brennan

Blog Archive