Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ready to swim 103 miles with sharks

This article is about a marathon swimmer names Diana Nyad. Who in a few days will set out to do what no athlete has done before: swim all day and all night, then all day and all night. then all day again. she wants to be the first person to cross from cuba to key west without a shark tank. To me that sounds like someone living up this short life we have. I have no idea how she will be able to pull that off, but in any case im sure many people  wish her the best of luck with her challenge. She will swim about 60 miles in the churning  sea. 103 miles across the straights of florida from cuba to key west. She will most likely hallucinate and endure the stings of countless jellyfish. What if we were all this ambitious ? That would be a sight to see.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/health/nutrition/19swim.html?ref=science

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

I Wish her a lot of luck. But if that is one of her goals in life and her dream then I think that no one should stop her. No one has the right to prevent someone from reaching their goals.

Chavon Hampton said...

I agree with Cecilia. Diana is very brave because i don't know anyone who would ever do that, especially all day and night without sleep and food. But i wish her luck and i support what she's doing. I hope she can make it!

Joel said...

This is the craziest idea I ever heard. Regardless of how fast do you swim or how much strength do you have, its nearly impossible to do that. I still wish her luck even though it's going to be insane with all those animals around.

Blog Archive