Friday, July 1, 2011

U.S. Will Widen 2 C.I.A. Inquiries into Jail Deals

Apparently there will be a full investigation, by The Justice Department, into not only the deaths of two terrorism suspects in C.I.A. custody overseas but the treatment of nearly 100 detainees over the last decade. I found this article interesting due to the fact that there are many conspiracies attached to the C.I.A. : "Project Monarch: Nazi mind control", "Project MKULTRA", "Project Paper clip". and these are just three of the many, even the wrongful conviction of Assata Shakur. Yet, publicly there was no investigation done. there was no justice served. So to hear that there would bean investigation of the suspicious death of detainees made me think; why now? Why them?

The C.I.A. feels this is an opportunity to "close the chapter on our agency's history." It is even said that The Justice Department has faced years of criticism " from the left for inaction on accusations of abuse by C.I.A. interrogators." could this be why they've decided to start the investigation? Maybe they have anew plan and they need to start on a clean slate? As i continued to read on i saw that the investigation was based not on legality but" whether unauthorized interrogation techniques were used by the C.I.A. interrogators and if so, whether they amounted to criminal violations of statutes of against torture or other measures.

So a case that even President Obama was reluctant to re-examine is going under thorough investigation? But then a light flickered on. the only way that this case could be investigated was if there was hard core evidence and that is exactly what was found; improperly destroyed videotapes of interrogation in "possible violation of court orders." that had to be the reason; because the court had not ordered it other wise it wouldn't of been that big of a deal. (i say it like this because i find no batter way to word it).

Even though there is evidence that the abuse did occur they wont be penalized for it because they believed they were acting under clear legal authority to protect the country. So i guess justice wont be served if your under "clear legal authority to protect the country."

No comments:

Blog Archive