This article caught my attention by the headline. I love soda and junk and all that other sweet stuff but I know it’s not good for me. At first I got scared when I read the headline. I thought they were actually going to start doing that, but after reading the headline my opinion changed. I feel doing so isn’t such a bad idea. I eat junk food and drink soda like its nothing but if they start making the prices higher I’m sure I and a lot of other Americans would stop eating them as often as well. The article said everyone is starting to develop diabetes, cancer and a lot of other health problems. The government doesn’t understand that also by boosting the prices on these bad foods it’ll help money wise on they’re behalf. Poor people use a lot of state assistance and poor people are the ones getting more sick and prone to cancers, diabetes and other diseases. Why? Because all they can afford is junk food, fast food, just all around unhealthy food. And the way I look at it is if the government doesn’t have to keep paying for them to go to the doctors it’ll help a lot in the long run. We need money but we keep giving people reasons to need our help. If we start eliminating problems at the source, we’ll start changing the world economically for the better.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24bittman.html?src=me&ref=general
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24bittman.html?src=me&ref=general
No comments:
Post a Comment