Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dippin' Dots changing coffee

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/20/dining/in-the-lab-with-the-ice-cream-makers.html?scp=15&sq=&st=nyt
Author Jennifer A. Kingson


As I was reading the "New York Times" I came across an article about my favorite ice cream maker Dippin' Dots.I'm pretty sure that we have all tried "Dippin Dot's", the extremely small balls of frozen ice cream that tend to melt in your mouth and leave a incredibly delicious flavor in a new innovated way. This company has been flash freezing ice cream since 1988 and have continued to flourish through out the years. I am constantly on the look out for this delectable treat. What I found interesting was their new line of product. Have you heard of coffee flavored ice cream? Of course that's a well known flavor, but now think of Dippin' Dots putting a twist with their nitrogen freezing technique to actual coffee. Blows your mind right? Their new coffee dots according to the times are "espresso dots, unsweetened, and three of what the company calls frappés, which are sweetened espresso dots in vanilla, caramel and mocha." Those just sound good on their own and I'm not even a coffee fan. But once I try at least one of these new flavors I think I'll have a sudden epiphany to become a coffee lover. So to anyone who likes coffee check out their website www.dippindots.com. Look out for them so you can have a taste of the future.

No comments:

Blog Archive