Sunday, July 24, 2011

Question 7

I don't think that McCarthy was trying to answer a question, I think that he was just showing the world that even thought it seems like nothing can go right and everything seems like it's going to shit that there is still hope in the world. You just have to look a little harder to find it. When the father tells the son that they are carrying that fire. I believe that is what he meant. They are carrying hope. Hope for all mankind. Hope for humanity. Hope that everything will be alright someday. When I was reading I sometimes got annoyed when the boy cried so much but then I eventually figured out that he was crying not only for himself and how he was feeling but for humanity. And showing that people do still care about one another. He was crying for the innocence of the world.

No comments:

Blog Archive