Tuesday, July 19, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/world/europe/19tactics.html?ref=todayspaper I choose this article because the scandal had been on the news a lot and it caught my attention. This illegal hacking was surprising however, the incident was not entirely unexpected, I mean the English tabloids have always been crazy. What they did to Princess Dianna when she was alive was just ridiculous. they never gave her any privacy, and now they are entering into the private lives of other people. hacking the cellphone of a murdered 13 year old school girl is extremely unprofessional. This article delved into the twisted ways the News of the World used when covering up their tracts. it discussed how they paid and fired people who were aware of their actions. The article also made it very clear that The News of the World does not plan on being "'the only bad dog on the street.'" Meaning they plan on ratting out other news corporations. I've always been a big supporter of the news and reporters but, what the British tabloids have done is take everything to the extreme. Mr. Murdoch has indicated that he wants to cooperate with the investigation. last week he said, '''we think it's important to absolutely establish our integrity in the eyes of the public....It's best just to be as transparent as possible.''' I'd love to see how a group of people who have been lying for more that nine years are suddenly going to become transparent.

No comments:

Blog Archive