Thursday, July 21, 2011

On The Road - Jack Kerouac Question 2

I found Kerouac's writing style a bit confusing and hard for me to follow at first. Furthermore that it was harder for me to really get interested in this book that it was when I was reading The Road. However then i started thinking about Kerouac's writing style. I noticed that if i just looked at it in a different way than I was it would be a lot easier for me to read. I did some research and found out that Kerouac was a fan of jazz not only that but when he was writing On The Road the type of jazz that was being played was mostly be-bop. I started looking at his writing as if I was look at a chart for be-bop and it became much easier to read and understand. Kerouac was going against the usual and commonly used forms of writing and was writing in a short and unexpected way as if he was playing a be-bop song. I think that it is very clear his love for literature but even more so his love for music since he based his writing style off of music. At least that is what I think.

No comments:

Blog Archive