Sunday, August 7, 2011

On The Road (Question 2)

I can tell that Jack Kerouac loved language because of the many characters the main character, Sal Paradise, meets on his way to Denver, Colorado. He travels all the way from New York City to Denver. On his trip he meets so many people in which he learns so much from. The people he met came from so many different backgrounds in which Sal was able to learn from. He met people like Montana Slim and Mississippi Gene. He got to know men from Minnesota and North Dakota. With each new character came different personalities and numerous life stories. Kerouac was able to show his love of language by using these characters' stories. Kerouac would show how different they each were during their times with Sal.

1 comment:

JannyXObabey said...

I agree I think Sal's meeting all these character and him learning from them did show how much Kerouac loves language because when writting about them he almost took you their with them you can almost see what he was seeing during the time he was traveling...

Blog Archive