Sunday, August 21, 2011

On The Road (post3,question6)

One of my reactions and observations about the book is that back then people weren't so much alarmed about the usage of drugs or at least that's what I think. Sal did a great job putting everything he experienced by using many words not just plain words. A funny thing ( well I thought it was funny) was that everybody seemed to be running away from the law, like that kid that was really running away.
I always noticed that Sal wanted to run away with almost every girl he met and I just thought it was kind of funny but it showed me that Sal had a different perspective about women.
One question that I had was why did he wanted to have an affair with Marylou? Didn't he feel that he was betraying his friend Dean?
But in a way it didn't matter much because Dean asked Sal to do it with Marylou to see how she was with other man.
I feel like this book is telling me that sometimes you should get away from everything and live life, you can learn something new by new experiences. Another thing is that sometimes life throws unexpected things and that we don't alway have control over everything.

1 comment:

Shoshana said...

I like your last point, because to me, one of the main reasons Sal left home to travel across the West was to put a bit of chaos into his life, so he could experience unexpected things and have unexpected solutions. That was one of the reasons he admired Dean so much, I thought, because Dean did wild things without much regard for the future.

Blog Archive