Sunday, August 21, 2011

On The Road (Question 1)

As a narrator, I think Sal is very reliable. To me, he's believable. From the beginning of, On The Road he opened up his life to the readers. He talked a little about his marital situation, and let his life be known. He seemed real because many people do go the distance for better things in life. He wanted more out of his life and did that in the end. In the beginning Sal says, "it had something to do with the miserably weary split-up and my feeling that everything was dead." Here, he was implying that he was in a state of depression and that his marriage basically failed. The situations that Sal went through are ones that people go through in everyday life. I think he was very honest and descriptive as a narrator as well. When introducing the new characters I felt like I had a pretty good picture in my mind as to how each person looked and was in the book. Reading the book, I had no problems with Sal Paradise being the narrator.

No comments:

Blog Archive