Monday, August 8, 2011

On The Road post-2

I can tell jack kerouac loved language because of the way he wrote. He did'nt just write things he explained things in such feeling and description that you can picture everything hes talking about. For example when he wrote "In the whole eastern dark wall of the divide this night there was silence and the whisper of the wind, except in the ravine where we roared; and on the other side of the divide was the great Western slope and the big plateau..." (50)
You can almost feel and see what sal was seeing when he describes the feeling of when he was in a centeral bar in colorado you could almost picture what he was picturing at that very moment and thats what I think makes him such a good writer.

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

You are right, Kerouac was a very descriptive writer who just didn't say a few descriptive words but instead look for greater and more colorful words to express what he sees and feels. It made me feel like I was sometimes with them hitchhiking and when Dean was driving like crazy.

Javieska said...

I agree. He did this especially with the character of Dean. He emphasized on his character so well, it felt as if Dean could've pop out of the book anytime. This also made him a very good writer--his way of describing scenery and characters without boring the reader but rather keep the novel alive.

Blog Archive