http://health.yahoo.net/articles/nutrition/arsenic-in-juice
Originally after reading this article I was really shocked to find out that our juices were contaminated. But then I thought about it and I wasn’t shocked anymore because we always find out that there’s something wrong with the products that we consume. I liked how the author used test studies and lab results to support his claim. He wants the readers to know that his statements are accurate and supported by actual findings. A common question that pops up is: “If the amounts of arsenic levels in juices are so high, then why aren’t we hearing about people dying from it?” I had the same question. The answer is, because the arsenic enhances and strengthens many common diseases that have other causes. No one has ever looked close enough at the infection to tie it back to the juice that people are drinking. What are they going to do about the juices? They can't just take it away from existence.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(456)
-
▼
November
(51)
- Why GOP won't vote for payroll tax
- Toxic Levels of Arsenic Found in Popular Juice Brands
- Seventeen-Syllable Safety Warning Signs
- Thyroid multi-tasker.
- Craven Political Crudites
- Chimps’ Days in Labs May Be Dwindling by James Gor...
- Dont Know How? Well Find Someone Who Does
- Internet allows people to fudge the truth
- Looking forward to College life even more
- A New Urgency to the Problem Storing Nuclear Waste
- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/world/middleeast...
- "The Poor, the Near Poor, and You"
- Police and the Press
- Agroforestry
- City Bomb Suspect Is Called Fan of Qaeda Cleric
- City Bomb Plot Suspect Is Called Fan of Qaeda Cleric
- The New Yorker June 27th, 2011
- I loved this article because it was helpful and ap...
- What drives the bombmaker?
- Uganda gay rights activist is honored
- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/your-money/why-d...
- White House Shooter said Obama was the Antichrist,...
- http://occupywallst.org/article/100-march-nypd-1st...
- Medical Schools Neglect Gay and Gender Issues
- Who Tests the Testers?
- The Cult of Penn State - LA Times
- 200 Are Arrested as Protesters Clash With the Police
- homework* News Journal
- Turkish Television Takes on Child Brides
- occupying wallstreet
- Sandusky Scandal
- Occupying wall Street
- Riots Erupt at Penn State After Legendary Coach Fired
- North Korean Famine
- More than a Feminine Side
- Some Hopeful Signs for Jobs and Home Construction
- Penn State Scandal
- F.D.A. Is Urged to Issue More Alerts About Drug Risks
- Cyberbullying
- Random Search Finds Connections
- Minibus Accident
- Occupy Wall Street Moved Out of Zuccotti a Long Ti...
- Great doctors...bad listeners
- I, Do Briefly
- In Shooting at White House, Attempted Assassinatio...
- Re-election Strategy is Tied to A Shift on Smog
- Naked: Plus Size Models in Magazines
- "When Will We Learn?" by Fareed Zakaria
- US Birth Rates Dip With the Economy
- 'Occupy' Protesters March on New York Stock Exchange
- City Reopens Park After Protesters Are Evicted
-
▼
November
(51)
3 comments:
I agree. It seems as if the media is always trying to scare the public, referring to threats that have only actually affected a tiny fraction of a population. Just recently there was an article proclaiming that cantelope contained dangerous bacteria.
I COMMENTED EARLIER. THIS IS FRUSTRATING. IT WAS DELETED.
Anyhow, I'm not sure whether I'd prefer this type of thing to be over reported or only reported when the damages were significant enough for me to care. On the one hand, if reporting all the minor dangers saves a couple of people, then it's probably worth the irritation. But, often when the media over reports something, we become sort of desensitized to it, and pay less attention. In that case, awareness of the dangers wouldn't be effective.
I read an article about the juice too. I agree that there is always something that's found wrong in products. I drink apple juice a lot and reading this, I got really scared. I never knew that much about those juices. It's also scary because the poison is found in the juices children mostly consume.So I'm guessing that children should now be tested to make sure they haven't had any of the contaminated juice?
Post a Comment