Thursday, November 17, 2011

F.D.A. Is Urged to Issue More Alerts About Drug Risks

http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/15/f-d-a-is-urged-to-issue-more-alerts-about-drug-risks/?scp=5&sq=medican%20and%20heath&st=cse

I liked this article because it brought attention to our well being and how government agencys aren't doing the best job in informing the public about how much we are putting ourselfs at risk for more health issues. I totally agree with the bias of the article. The F.D.A should defiantely send more alerts to the public via internet about drug risks so that we are aware of the harm we might be inflicking on ourselves. It's rediculous that it is only since 2008 that the F.D.A began posting potiential safety signals on the F.D.A site. What happened to the year proior to that? This is something that should have been provided to the public way before 2008. The medicanes that are suppose to be curing people of illnesses are actually worsening the stae of thier health and they are unawear that they have done it to themselves. The F.D.A needs to be more effients in keeping up with the changes on drug labels to the we be are able to know more about the side effects of these meds rather than fine print and 5 second side effect listing we get from watching commercials.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totes agree--I mean, take cigarretes for instance. I mean, they still some of the the side effect, and I mean by some. Also, how about those commercials where they say the side effects in the end and really quick.

Blog Archive