http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/26/opinion/police-and-the-press.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
Though I wish that I could say that the actions of the New York Police Department surprise me, frankly, they do not. Personally, I thought that the author did a good job of clearly explaining the situation in Zuccotti Park. I feel that this is something which is extremely important, especially when one considers the chaos which surrounds coverage of the Occupy Wall Street movement. I enjoyed the list-like way which the author chose to depict the events. This solidified the issues, helping me to recognize various trends in the behavior of the police.
However, this same list-like method also proved to be a weakness, at least in my opinion. I felt that, in some ways, it served to dehumanize the entire situation, eliciting little emotion in me, the reader. This is odd, especially when one considers the emotionally-charged subject of the article.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(456)
-
▼
November
(51)
- Why GOP won't vote for payroll tax
- Toxic Levels of Arsenic Found in Popular Juice Brands
- Seventeen-Syllable Safety Warning Signs
- Thyroid multi-tasker.
- Craven Political Crudites
- Chimps’ Days in Labs May Be Dwindling by James Gor...
- Dont Know How? Well Find Someone Who Does
- Internet allows people to fudge the truth
- Looking forward to College life even more
- A New Urgency to the Problem Storing Nuclear Waste
- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/world/middleeast...
- "The Poor, the Near Poor, and You"
- Police and the Press
- Agroforestry
- City Bomb Suspect Is Called Fan of Qaeda Cleric
- City Bomb Plot Suspect Is Called Fan of Qaeda Cleric
- The New Yorker June 27th, 2011
- I loved this article because it was helpful and ap...
- What drives the bombmaker?
- Uganda gay rights activist is honored
- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/your-money/why-d...
- White House Shooter said Obama was the Antichrist,...
- http://occupywallst.org/article/100-march-nypd-1st...
- Medical Schools Neglect Gay and Gender Issues
- Who Tests the Testers?
- The Cult of Penn State - LA Times
- 200 Are Arrested as Protesters Clash With the Police
- homework* News Journal
- Turkish Television Takes on Child Brides
- occupying wallstreet
- Sandusky Scandal
- Occupying wall Street
- Riots Erupt at Penn State After Legendary Coach Fired
- North Korean Famine
- More than a Feminine Side
- Some Hopeful Signs for Jobs and Home Construction
- Penn State Scandal
- F.D.A. Is Urged to Issue More Alerts About Drug Risks
- Cyberbullying
- Random Search Finds Connections
- Minibus Accident
- Occupy Wall Street Moved Out of Zuccotti a Long Ti...
- Great doctors...bad listeners
- I, Do Briefly
- In Shooting at White House, Attempted Assassinatio...
- Re-election Strategy is Tied to A Shift on Smog
- Naked: Plus Size Models in Magazines
- "When Will We Learn?" by Fareed Zakaria
- US Birth Rates Dip With the Economy
- 'Occupy' Protesters March on New York Stock Exchange
- City Reopens Park After Protesters Are Evicted
-
▼
November
(51)
1 comment:
I don't know, I feel like it was pretty emotional as news articles go. All the examples were very extreme: the man covered in blood, the blatant disregard for free speech, the corruption of NYC, etc. I was disturbed by the image of the policeman screaming at the photographer. The author definitely had a clear point of view of anti-police, even suggesting, "Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly should take a hard look at how officers ignored the department’s guidelines." That's pretty opinionated and the bias was achieved by such an obvious good-guy(occupiers) bad-guy(police) setup.
Post a Comment