Sunday, November 27, 2011

Looking forward to College life even more

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/13/us/homework-and-jacuzzis-as-dorms-move-to-mcmansions-in-california.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Animal+Mcmansion&st=nyt
Reading this article I got this extremely excited feeling. The title read "students trade dorm for suburban Luxury." I wondered to myself on how the earth did they make this happen? Let's be real most teenagers or college students live in small dorms with one roommate. And the ones that live the good life are usually spoiled/rich from what their parents do.

But what this article is telling me that it can be done with out paying a lot of money. The reason is because of the huge foreclosures increase of these "super mansions" and also because of the housing dip. The college students that were talked about in this article only paid 1/10 of 3000 to live this life. This includes hot tub, spiral stair cases, pool, crystal chandelier, and wall to wall carpets. I'm extremely excited for college life now that I read this. Hopefully I can get a group of friends to split the cost with me, it would be a great college experience.

2 comments:

Maya Wilson said...

- omg that is sooo cool. This makes me ready to go to college just by reading your comment on this article. I well for sure look into this. Because why would I want to live in a small old dorm, when i can be liveing "the life". lol. = ] .

Anonymous said...

That's actually really cool now that you mention it...but, as you said, let's be real: like, how is this beneficial to the students? Yeah, it's great for the economy because it sucks, but wouldn't it distract them from work? Also, wouldn't this "life" last for a little Great way to spark our imagination of college, but unrealistic.

Blog Archive