Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Search Finds Connections

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/world/asia/philippines-navigates-rocky-relations-with-china.html?_r=2&scp=4&sq=philippines&st=cse


It's interesting to make connections in and outside of the class room. Today in AP World we talked about current events and what stuck to me the most was the topic of US troops stationed in Australia. The conclusion to why to maybe why we did such a thing is to counter the Chinese expansion in the pacific. Currently China has a lot of control in that region of ocean. Not just the US notices but as I randomly searched up the Philippines (because I'm half Filipino and yes you can spell it with an F) that there have been some serious disputes of islands near and far from the Philippines whether or not if it's actual Chinese territory.

In this article it talks about that some training with US Marines and Filipino Marines has taken place on the farthest island near a prime oil location. No thoughts about war yet but as precautions both nations have been moving troops. I just found it interesting that the things countries do when another country makes a move to expand or gain more leverage.

No comments:

Blog Archive