Saturday, November 19, 2011

Medical Schools Neglect Gay and Gender Issues

When we go to our doctors we expect to be in good hands and not be judged by them. We also expect them to know everything. If they do not ask us about our personal lives or medical changes from us telling them. Then they should have a record of any major to minor surgeries that we have had. As doctors they should not see a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (L.G.B.T) as something unknown. We all have human bodies that function( ex.breathing, blinking) pretty much the same way. We are who we are and should not be discriminated for what we like by doctors or any other person. If people continue to judge people by what they like or who they consider themselves as we are only preventing them from their happiness. As parents, friends and relitives we all want our loved ones to be happy and should not prevent them from that happiness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg! People are crazy. Doctors are neglecting people who aren't straight. This world is crazy. You are so right, gender and sexuality shouldn't matter at all. I never thought this discrimination would occur in hospitals.

Javieska said...

Although this isn't a surprise to me, when I read this I was slightly shocked.It was upsetting. I don't see how our personal choices as individuals on sexuality have anything to do with the way doctors treat us as patients. What happened to equality?

Anonymous said...

Oh hey, this was also my article!

Blog Archive