I chose an editorial written in the New York Times on September 11, 2011. The author begins to explain how when 9/11 occurred people were filled with mourning and devastating fear. But he also shows how more people began to become more involved in the war and military. The author says that the U.S. was now filled with "courage and unity filled the streets." Though the author includes a section about how the U.S. was basically fooled into the war.
I could tell that the intended audience was for the American people. The author uses the word "we" many times. He showed that he is included in with the American people and that he is experiencing what everyone else was going through.
The quote that I really liked from the editorial was "There was as much hope as grief, as much love as anger, and a powerful sense of resilience." To me the author was trying to express all the feelings that occurred in the hearts of the American people all in one.
No comments:
Post a Comment