Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11 Editorial

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2011/9/12/years-ten-life-day/

I chose this article in particular because I really like the quote it begins with ("Life changes fast. Life changes in the instant. You sit down to dinner and life as you know it ends.”) I think it's a very fitting choice to describe how many of us felt about 9/11. I also think the choice to start the article by bringing up this woman who is dealing with the loss of her husband and her daughter was a very good choice, because it immediately draws the reader in, and gives the article a more personal feel. I also thought that this sentence "...four hijacked jets took nearly 3,000 lives and, in the process, destroyed the Twin Towers in New York City..." was very interestingly phrased which gave this article a more unique feel. The way the author chose to phrase this sentence suggests that the goal was to kill the people, and the destruction of the twin towers was just a side affect. For me that opinion gave this article a very memorable quality, because it's never occurred to me that the killing of the people could have been the ultimate goal, and the destruction of the towers just an addition.

No comments: