Friday, June 24, 2011

Why to love a smartphone!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/technology/personaltech/09PHONES.html?ref=personaltechspecial


Technology has changed over the years. Today, children at the age of 5 even have phones. As people get older, they start to forget things. Adults forget a lot of things and with such a busy schedule and having lots of things to do during the day, a smartphone is a handy thing to have. Even teenagers forget things. At whatever age, this inanimate object, called the Smartphone, will become your new best friend.Smartphones are quite helpful, especially on the go. Most business people would be on their smartphones talking on the phone, texting, surfing the web, and using other gadgets. For the people who are running late to work and like to drink a cup of coffee and read their newspaper before they work, NO PROBLEMO. Smartphones have the abilities to access websites that include the topics of the day and what everyones buzzing about on that morning. Smartphones, such as blackberrys, have the ability to download an application that you can access to "The New York Times", in which includes the latest news and also shows you when was the last update posted. One thing that is surprising that as the years go by, though technology is getting more efficient, technology is becoming more cheaper. It will allow billions of more people to have their lives changed with the newest technology


A smartphone even has a GPS! That way, you can never get lost. With some smartphones, you are able to check out where your family members are with an app that can locate them if they have a family plan they share. You can travel anywhere in the world and you do not need to hold on a map to navigate you to your destination, but to be a reliable resource to get there safely as possible. With my blackberry smartphone, I am able to download applications in wich can show me where the nearest malls and introduces to your very own person shopping assistant for on the go . It is well needed and loved for every savvy shopper. Need a cup of coffee or a pizza place in the town you are in? On some smartphonesm you can find a yellow pages app in which can help you find local businesses fast and also ways of transportations, like taxis. By typing or browsing popular categories, icluding bars, hotels, mechanics, dentists, and EVEN Wi-fi spots. Location detection is able to pinpoint where you are, in order to automatically deliver nearby search results. You can access your formspring, facebook, twitter, and any other source of communcation website.


Critics say that such inventions are ruining our lives and I come to differ. Not only will you not get lost and be entertained by such apps to download, but you'll also have things to do, you won't waste time, and you'll hardly be bored. If you are a student and have a question on such topic, you are able to access the web and type the question you are thinking about . On your screen will then appear several links in which can include the answer and information to support the answer to your question. From listening to your favorite songs on Pandora, to playing games to pass the time, a smartphone is helpful anywhere and at anytime.

3 comments:

Maya Wilson said...

Interesting article. I find everything true, because I myself have a smart phone. And without this phone I could not live, never the less do this assignment. Because my pc has a virus and I had to turn to my phone.
With this gadget I could access this blog site and New York Times while emailing and texting all at the same time.
While I find it is kind of dumb for a 5 yr old to be equipped with a smartphone, never the less a phone, I think these things are great, but maybe there should be a age limit (haha).
But in my opinion I think all people should have a smartphone their a handheld back up computer for times, such as mine.
Great article ; ) .

Anonymous said...

I remember back in the day when I had a Gameboy Color instead of a
smart phone.Some parents give their kids cellular devices to still be in touch. In order to communicate with their kids, they could call or text them. A child can also play games on the cellular device and they would never be bored. One thing I will admit is that reading an article on my smart phone isn't the same as reading an article on an actual newspaper. So once in a while I would pick up a newspaper at my nearest gas station. The great thing is that instead of carrying a laptop, newspaper, and an ipod to work or to school, you could just take your smart phone on the go!

Javieska said...

Loved this article! I myself have a smart phone and do everything with it. It comes in extremely handy. However, I do agree with Maria, it isn't the same as actually reading a newspaper or being in a computer or having a face-to-face conversation. I am careful to avoid getting wrapped up in technology and lacking interpersonal skills.